Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
Star Health Insurance presents the Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy with a utilitarian approach towards the elderly citizens. This plan is uniquely designed for the senior citizens in the age group of 60 to 75 years.
The policy comes with the best benefits for the Senior Citizens, which includes a coverage for a wide range of daycare procedures involved in modern treatments, significant medical interventions, pre-existing diseases from the second policy year with the availability of constant premium with a lifelong renewable option. The policy is available on an Individual/Floater Sum Insured basis. It is apt for senior citizens looking for a best pocket-friendly premium towards medical insurance for senior citizens in India. The key highlight of the policy is that no pre-insurance medical check-up is required while buying the policy. On purchasing the policy you can also avail the benefit of tax exemption under section 80D.
Benefits of Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
On purchasing the Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy, one can reap abundant benefits as listed below:
- Availability of greater Sum Insured coverage up to Rs. 25 Lakhs on Individual basis and Rs. 10 lakhs to 25 lakhs on floater basis.
- Coverage for outpatient medical consultations at Network Hospitals.
- No pre-insurance medical screening is required irrespective of the person’s age and the sum insured opted.
- Pre-existing diseases (PED) are covered after a one-year waiting period.
- A broader coverage of daycare procedures/treatments and modern treatments with both cashless and reimbursement facilities in extensive wide-range of network hospitals.
- Availing tax benefits as per the prevailing Income Tax rules on the premium paid, eligibility for relief under Section 80-D of Income Tax Act.
- An added advantage of the lifetime renewability option.
- A 10% discount on the premium is allowed on submitting certain medical records.
- A 5% discount for the online purchase of the policy.
- Premiums can be paid on a quarterly and half-yearly basis. You can prefer to make payments on annual, biennial and triennial terms.
Red Carpet Coverage for Senior Citizen
The Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy extends its coverage on multiple aspects to support you, the senior citizens on your health care needs and thereby making it a adequate mediclaim policy for 60+.
Expenses towards all day-care procedures, surgeries and treatments that would require hospitalization of less than 24 hours are covered.
In-patient hospitalisation expenses
Coverage for all in-patient hospitalisation expenses up to the sum insured.
Pre- and Post-hospitalisation expenses
Pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered for a maximum of 30 days before admission in the network hospitals.
Post-hospitalisation expenses covered for a maximum of 7% of the hospitalisation expenses incurred up to the limits as specified in the policy clause.
Twelve modern treatments are covered comprising balloon sinuplasty, immunotherapy and stem cell therapy, up to sub-limits mentioned in the policy clause.
Any medical consultation expenses as an outpatient incurred in a network hospital are covered up to the limits with a limit of Rs.200 per consultation.
Annual Health Check-Ups
Payment of expenses towards cost of health check-up up to the limits for every claim-free year at network hospitals.
Pre-Existing Disease (PED)
You can claim for treatments on pre-existing conditions after 12 months from the policy start date.
Specific Disease/Illness Coverage
The policy covers some specific diseases/treatments only after a 24-months waiting period. Covers for cataract surgery up to specific limits based on sum insured options.
Initial waiting period – 30 days (except for accidents).
Exclusions in the Policy
The policy does not cover the treatments and conditions listed below:
- Cosmetic or plastic surgery expenses
- Change-of-Gender treatment
- Intentional self injury
- Treatments necessitated due to participation in hazardous or adventure sports.
- Treatments for alcohol or drug abuse
- Congenital External Condition / Defects / Anomalies
Please refer to the policy clause and wording on the website to have a detailed list of such exclusions.
Why 60+ Elderly People should take Star Health Medical Insurance
Star Health Insurance designs health plans aiming for senior citizens who had once built the nation. Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy is a complete plan in support of the elderly community.
There are numerous valuable benefits enjoyed by the Senior Citizens on buying the policy:
- Coverage on any outpatient medical consultations in a Network Hospital
- No pre-insurance medical screening is required.
- Pre-existing diseases (PED) are covered after a waiting period of one year.
- A broader coverage for daycare procedures and modern treatments.
Dedicated Senior Citizens Claims & Grievances
Policyholders who have complaints against insurers are required to first approach the Complaints/Grievance Redressal Cell of the insurer in the link,
If they do not receive a response from the insurer within a reasonable period or are dissatisfied with the response of the company, contact
Integrated Grievance Management System(IGMS) – IRDAI Portal at https://igms.irda.gov.in for registering the complaints Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
And can call Toll Free No. 155255 or 1800 4254 732.
Tax Benefit from buying Senior Citizens Red Carpet Health Insurance Policy
The key benefit of the policy is, theInsured person is eligible for tax benefits under Section 80-D of the Income Tax Act 1961 in respect of the premium paid by any mode other than cash.